Whitney Logistics is a fast growing logistics organization in the Tampa area; embracing technology and elevating service to our customers and team members, passionately creating a better experience for all.
The Account Manager will report to the Director of Sales and play a key role in customer retention and assumption of responsibilities of the existing customer base as well as growing our business with new customers. The Account Manager has a strong understanding of local dry bulk movements and materials within the Construction Services space.
Our Account Manager is a good listener, empathetic, motivated, hardworking, and resilient with a positive attitude. In order for the Account Manager to achieve success, they will need to cultivate and nurture customer and vendor relationships, be a team player and have a strong desire to learn.
Who You Are
In this customer facing role you will be responsible for developing and nurturing key customer relationships. Problem solving, mental toughness and a driving personality are key behavioral traits necessary for success in this role. You will be asked to anticipate and understand the needs of our customers to proactively craft innovative ways to enhance our customer’s experience with Whitney Logistics.
Why This Role Matters
Our mission points directly to our desire to elevate the level of service for our customers.
The Account Manager plays a vital part in our ability to continually achieve that goal and deliver a one of kind, world-class experience to our customers. The Account Manager cultivates partnerships over transactions and focuses on ensuring mutually beneficial relationships. This person is an action taking individual who is focused on company and individual goal attainment.
- Embrace Company Core Values
- Maintain and develop key client relationships in the Construction Services Marketplace
- Maintain CRM
- Contribute data to Project Bid Calendar
- Develop pricing strategies with prospects, customers and clients
- Assist and learn from current sales members
- Understand materials and materials specifications
- Prepare Trucking & Materials Estimates
- Leverage Whitney Site Operations & Key Materials Partners to market and sell materials and trucking
- Develop relationships with identified prospects in Construction Services Marketplace
- Create memorable customer service experiences
- Participate in strategic planning with Leadership
- Sales budget responsibility
- Assist in the development of sales processes
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 2+ years of customer service or outside sales experience preferred, particularly in aggregate sales, heavy equipment, trucking, or project management (road building, paving, bridge construction)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely responsive with strong attention to detail
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Strong relational intelligence and good interpersonal skills
- Customer service focused
- Ability to employ numbers & mathematics with confidence
- Understanding of general credit concepts and general lien laws
- Self-motivated, self-managing, and able to think quickly on your feet and be flexible
- Commitment and connection to our company values
- Problem solver, team player, and willingness to learn and grow with the company
- Experience with Microsoft Office & Google Business