Whitney Logistics is a fast growing logistics organization in the Tampa area; embracing technology and elevating service to our customers and team members, passionately creating a better experience for all.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Bilingual Staff Accountant to own internal accounting responsibilities that speaks both Spanish and English fluently.
The Bilingual Staff Accountant will report to the Supervisor of Accounting Operations and play a key role in the accounting processes across all entities. A positive attitude, attention to detail, and a growth mindset are a must for success in this role.
- Assist with data entry and weekly data validation requirements applicable to our operating system to prepare data for weekly invoicing
- Perform the weekly importing of the weekly ticket log data to create weekly invoicing and assist with working with our India team resolving discrepancies
- Distribute weekly invoicing to the sales team and assist with editing invoices following the review of the sales team
- Assist with compiling, configuring, and importing owner operator settlement AP transactions in NetSuite
- Assist with preparation and distribution of weekly owner operator settlement statements
- Communicate directly with owner operators in helping them resolve discrepancies with their settlements
- Assist and cross train with verification and recording material invoices, corporate AP, and expense report transactions in NetSuite
- Assist with compiling, configuring, and importing customer freight and material invoices in NetSuite
- Assist with month-end closing activities as directed
- Become proficient in using NetSuite to perform necessary accounting functions within the system
- Assist with providing various data points to the Financial Analyst for cash flow reporting purposes
- Assist in preparing the company’s NTO’s and releases while working closely with the Sales team
- Assist with scanning various accounting records on a daily basis or as needed
- Other duties that support the goals and objectives of the organization
- 1+ years accounting experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- CPA preferred
- Experience using NetSuite strongly preferred
- Highly organized multi-tasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and to grow with the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Logistics or other general DOT or transportation experience preferred
- Prior experience in a fast-paced and flexible position preferred
- Expert in MS Excel
- Strong computer skills, including Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Drive) & Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars a must.